1. You don’t just get scars on skin, you can also get them on your ribs and your teeth and deep inside your heart.
2. When two people are tied together as tightly as we were, you will always find frayed ends where the string that held us together tore apart. I fucking hope that I don’t find myself 40 and married with kids, still pulling you out of the sleeves of my sweater.
3. You can only fix your heart so many times, after awhile, the pieces get kinda bent and they chip and some get lost, they stop fitting together the right way and eventually, you’re left with a pile of shattered glass inside your fucking chest.
4. “I’ll never leave you” doesn’t actually mean anything, it’s just something to say in the middle of the night to fill the empty silence and the holes in your heart
5. Once someone finds their way inside your head, there’s no fucking getting them out
6. No matter how many boys I kiss, I will taste you in all of them. I’ve been trying to get you out of my mouth, last night I brushed my teeth until my gums were bleeding.
7. Sometimes bones shatter but it doesn’t always show up in x-rays
8. Vodka and pills will make me miss you more.
9. Flowers always die."
1. When a boy who leaves goosebumps on every inch of your skin tries to play you his favorite song, don’t let him. He’ll get it stuck in your head and under your fingertips and when he leaves, you won’t be able to listen to it without feeling like you’re choking.
2. Don’t let him touch you all over no matter how much you want to feel him against you. Leave a few spots untouched so that when you’re sleeping alone again, at least your left wrist and an inch of your right hip won’t sting with the remaining burn of his mouth.
3. Don’t let him break your ribs.
4. Don’t watch the sunset with him. He’ll poison it. You won’t be able to look at the sky without swallowing a mouthful of him.
5. Don’t mistake wasps for butterflies. Sometimes when you feel your stomach flutter and your hands start to shake it’s pain, not love.
6. Just because he tells you he loves you doesn’t mean he’s going to stay.
7. It’s okay to delete his number after he kisses the pretty girl he met when he was drunk. It’s okay to leave when he hurts you. You don’t have to keep falling into him.
8. When he tells you that you’re beautiful, try to remember that you were beautiful before him too.
9. Just because he reads and smokes cigarettes and talks about the stars doesn’t mean he’s your soulmate.
10. After you kiss him, remember to wash your mouth out right away so he doesn’t burn into your tongue.
11. He’ll kiss you in the rain and take you to little coffee shops. He’ll brush your hair out of your eyes and kiss your nose. He’ll grab your waist and whisper in your ear but six months later you’ll find yourself drunk texting him that you miss him and he won’t respond.
12. Your heart is going to break a million times. It’s going to feel like the world is falling apart around you. Your lungs will stop working some nights. You find yourself grabbing at your bones trying to hold yourself together. You’re going to feel like you’re dying. It’s going to be okay. You’ll find someone else to kiss you goodnight."